Mozilla Thunderbird 17 - Default Port - Setup Guide
- First you need to make sure the email address(es) you will be sending from have been authorised for your account in our Control Panel .
- These instructions assume your email account has already been setup and is collecting email correctly.
- Take a note of any settings you change.
- Only change the items specified - do not change your email address or incoming email settings.
- We have instructions for both default SMTP port and alternate SMTP port configurations - alternate port is generally used if your ISP blocks the normal port 25 SMTP access (as many do these days!).
- Load Mozilla Thunderbird 17 by clicking the desktop icon or selecting from the Start Menu
- From the main screen click on your account / email address in the left-hand column and then select 'Views settings for this account'
- Alternatively go to the 'Tools' menu on the top bar and choose 'Account Settings'
- Select 'Outgoing Server (SMTP)' in the left-hand column
- Enter 'AuthSMTP' as the description
- Enter the 'Server name' as the SMTP server we supplied with your signup email (typically mail.authsmtp.com)
- Set 'Connection Security' to 'None'
- Set 'Authentication Method' to 'Encrypted Password'
- Enter the AuthSMTP username (it will ask for your password when you first go to send a message)
- IMPORTANT: 'username' is an example - if your AuthSMTP username was'ab12345' enter it as only that
- You now have a separate SMTP account setup using the AuthSMTP service
- You may wish to set this as the default SMTP server by selecting it and then clicking 'Set Default'
- If you do set as default you will need to set all your accounts to use the 'Default' SMTP server
- If you only want to use it on a specific account you will need to configure them individually
- You should now be back to the main Thunderbird 17 screen
- Close Thunderbird 17 and then reload
- Check you are online then test to ensure you can send mail correctly
- It will prompt you for your AuthSMTP password the first time you try to send email