CyruSoft Mulberry 3 - Default Port - Setup Guide
- First you need to make sure the email address(es) you will be sending from have been authorised for your account in our Control Panel .
- These instructions assume your email account has already been setup and is collecting email correctly.
- Take a note of any settings you change.
- Only change the items specified - you should not need to change either your email address, POP3 server, POP3 username / password.
- We have instructions for both default SMTP port and alternate SMTP port configurations - alternate port is generally used if your ISP blocks the normal port 25 SMTP access (as many do these days!).
- From the main screen open the 'Files' menu and then select'Preferences...'
- Select the 'Accounts' tab
- Drop-down the 'Account:' box and select 'SMTP'
- Change the 'Server:' to the AuthSMTP server we supplied with your signup email
- On the 'Authenticate' tab below you can set the 'Method:' to either'Plain Text', 'CRAM-MD5' or 'DIGEST-MD5' ('NTLM' is not currently compatible) - we recommend: CRAM-MD5
- Enter the AuthSMTP username and password we supplied when you signed up
- IMPORTANT: 'authsmtp.username' is an example - if your AuthSMTP username was 'ab12345' enter it as that and *not* as 'authsmtp.ab12345'
- Click the 'OK' button and it will return you to the main Mulberry screen
- Mulberry will not ask you for the password until you actually send a message - so create and send one
- When you go to send it will pop up with the box below with your user ID already entered.
- Enter your password and click the 'OK' button and the message should send.