Does your SMTP server get blacklisted / email rejected?
Basic authentication used by most normal SMTP servers leaves them open to abuse by spammers and scammers - this can cause them to be blacklisted meaning your mail may not be delivered. With AuthSMTP we authenticate each login, validate email addresses used to send mail, enforce quotas, virus scan mail sent and use other methods to detect / stop potential abuse making our service much more secure and reliable.
If you try to send mail from a cable / broadband connection many ISPs block port 25 (used for sending mail) and even if they do not many other ISPs will reject mail from you. Relaying your email through AuthSMTP can solve this!
AuthSMTP solves many other common problems with sending email:
- Does your ISP not let you use your domain name when sending mail?
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) does not provide SMTP servers?
- Do you use multiple Internet connections or get 'Relaying Denied' errors?
- Want better control and security over your email?
- Like the extra security of virus scanning your outgoing email?
- Are the current mail servers you use unreliable or overloaded?
- Do you need to send large emails which are blocked by your ISP?
- Need to keep duplicate copies of emails sent?
- Outgoing SMTP email service with control panel and detailed statistics of sent emails and errors